Photo

How can a man knows that she could be a good future wife?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,677 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

Well Marichu and I seem to be doing well... All of disagreements are because cultural differences. No big deal once we talk about it... I am smitten, I admit... .she says she is.

Bill

I think in foreign-pinay or fil-am marriage there will be always disagreements (correct me guys if i'm wrong) but once both of you feel such sincere love ,cultural differences is adaptable and acceptable.. :D

I wish both of you the best! :)

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#22 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

I think in foreign-pinay or fil-am marriage there will be always disagreements (correct me guys if i'm wrong) but once both of you feel such sincere love ,cultural differences is adaptable and acceptable.. :D

Agreed Melody, but as you infer, with love there must also be understanding each other and reaching out to see your partners side of the disagreement. I feel what is the most important is that couples learn to discuss issues without getting mad at each other. One issue that used to come up in our marriage is that I often speak emphatically, which my then sensitive young lady took as if I was yelling at her but once she saw how many Americans speak the same, and along with me finally realizing what the problem was and explaining it to her, she never got mad at me again for that.

Men if you speak emphatically at times, be sure to explain that to your lady, that you are not yelling at her and also try hard to keep that under control, although it is often hard to immediately change what a person has been doing for most of their lives. Posted Image

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#23 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

There will always be disagreements between people regardless of culture of origin. Sometimes culture clashes add to it but sometimes other things are much larger factors. I think it is very helpful tho if both people try to understand the differences in culture so that they know where their partner is 'coming from'.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#24 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,677 posts
  • em

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

Agreed Melody, but as you infer, with love there must also be understanding each other and reaching out to see your partners side of the disagreement. I feel what is the most important is that couples learn to discuss issues without getting mad at each other. One issue that used to come up in our marriage is that I often speak emphatically, which my then sensitive young lady took as if I was yelling at her but once she saw how many Americans speak the same, and along with me finally realizing what the problem was and explaining it to her, she never got mad at me again for that.

Men if you speak emphatically at times, be sure to explain that to your lady, that you are not yelling at her and also try hard to keep that under control, although it is often hard to immediately change what a person has been doing for most of their lives. Posted Image

Agreed Mr. Lee Speaking about emphatically as if you were yealling! Your sensitive young wife should not be surprised about this actitud as it can be found among Filipino too while discussing :P . How many Americans or worst how many Italians :lol: (who used to yell not only in a discussion) speak the same that I am used to it..i only get mad only if it could be happened in a public that is out of control.:angry:

As to Sir Mark, agreed. There will be always disagreement between people regardless of culture and origin but character of one could help that disagreement resulted into a friendly one. Yeah it is very helpful if both understand prior to marriage the differences in culture.

Edited by melody, 17 April 2012 - 02:44 PM.

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users