4 replies to this topic

#1 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,674 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:50 PM

Hi guys! I hope to be in the right section for this topic. I'm back to break my silence😂.

In behalf of many people in my life😆, i have some weird questions that I hope all my doubts can be exactly answered.

Can a senior citizen travel back Phil. with a passport expired?

What happen if you wait for too long without renewing your passport on your stay in the foreign land? A penalty once you renew it?

Can a person renew his/her passport in the Phil. while staying in a foreign land?

Is a Filipino senior citizen exempted to be physically present on the renewal of passport? By a "power of attorney" given to a trusted person,regardless of which country the Phil.Embassy/Consulate is located?

Don't judge me insane😆😅 but kindly give me your sincere reply.Thanks

Edited by melody, 22 May 2019 - 07:12 PM.

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#2 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,258 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:47 AM

Welcome back
It has been too long since you last broke your silence :)

There is no penalty for allowing a passport to expire.

Personal appearance at the consulate is required for the passport photograph. Passports can be applied for at any Philippine Consulate. DFA Consulate Office Locater
Consulates in Italy are located in Milan and Rome. Passport application instructions Consulate in Milan

Valid passport is required for international travel. If there are special circumstances requiring travel before a valid passport can be issued, contact the appropriate consulate for emergency travel documents.

If the applicant has a valid foreign passport, they can travel on their foreign passport, entering Philippines as a Balikbayan (1yr visa) [use the expired Philippine passport as proof of Balikbayan status]
With the Balikbayan visa, it is possible to make an appointment for passport renewal while in Philippines. You can make the appointment online either before or after entering Philippines
Senior citizens and OFWs qualify for no appointment passport renewals.

NO APPOINTMENT IS NEEDED for the following:

SENIOR CITIZEN and one (1) travel companion
PERSON WITH DISABILITY (PWDs) and one (1) travel companion
SOLO PARENT and his/her minor children
PREGNANT WOMEN
MINORS SEVEN (7) YEARS OLD AND BELOW and his/her parents and minor siblings
OVERSEAS FILIPINO WORKERS (land-based, or seafarers)
You may avail of the OFW LANE or COURTESY LANE at DFA Aseana or at any DFA Consular Office to apply for your passport.

For a list of requirements to avail of this visit, please visit this link.

If the applicant has naturalized in another country since the last time a passport was issued, the applicant will also need to "reacquire Philippine citizenship". This is a simple matter of providing the required documents, filling out the forms and taking the oath of citizenship again at a consulate or DFA office.

The adventures continue
Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#3 melody

melody

• 2,674 posts
  • em

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:04 PM

Welcome back
It has been too long since you last broke your silence :)

Life's journey in the past years brought me ups and down and till up to these days i'm thinking of what to post for my adventures to continue :D  ;) 

If the applicant has a valid foreign passport, they can travel on their foreign passport, entering Philippines as a Balikbayan (1yr visa) [use the expired Philippine passport as proof of Balikbayan status]

:o I got for "them" a family-reunification visa to enter in the country where i brought them :D (not in Italy...secret) and right after that a "residence permit ID". Are they qualify for a "BalikBayan visa :rolleyes: ? Like passport renewal,is there a need to apply for a "BalikBayan" visa? Can they travel back Phil. (they are Filipino citizens) using the "residence-permit ID" while passport expired and will renew it in the Phil.?? I am confused of my own questions :lol:

Thank you very much Sir Fritz for my ignorance to be answered by you :D . I hope you will get back to me for further clarification :) 

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#4 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,258 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:57 AM

As long as they hold a foreign passport (from an EO408 country {PDF}) valid for travel & proof of current or former Philippine citizenship they can enter Philippines as Balikbayan. The current or expired PI passport is what is usually used, but any other proof of having Philippine citizenship at any time qualifies them for Balikbayan Privilege.

The "application" for a Balikbayan visa is simply a request for a Balikbayan visa at the passport check when entering Philippines. Proof of current or former citizenship is needed. For immediate family traveling with the Filipino Balikbayan, proof of relationship is needed (marriage license for spouse, birth certificate for children are the most common documents used)

If they do not currently have valid passports, they will need to apply for new passports. In the event of a situation where they need to travel without passport, they will need to contact a Philippine Consulate to apply for travel documents.

List of overseas Philippine Consulates

The adventures continue
Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#5 melody

melody

• 2,674 posts
  • em

Posted 07 June 2019 - 05:27 PM

Thanks a lot Sir Fritz for your very informative reply! My questions are satisfactorily answered by you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users