PLDT, the defensive!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mercyly

mercyly
  • Banned
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

We'll, I just filed a disconnection notice sa PLDT center today as their service is really, really bad. It never fails to disappoint me for a year!

Edited by Mr. Lee, 14 July 2014 - 04:39 PM.
edit to remove link. Also English only except in language sections.

#2 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

Welcome to the forum. 

My wife and I also had our PLDT disconnected in April but be advised that we are still being billed as overdue, hope you get proof you turned in your equipment and canceled as you may need it if they continue to bill you as they keep doing with us.

PLDT, and I am told other providers, are having a lot of problems because of international cables that somehow got damaged and then on top of that it appears to me that they do not have the infrastructure in many areas for 100% of their users. It is more fun in the Philippines;)

BTW I edited your post to remove the other than English content, and since it was your first post and contained a link that I was not comfortable with for this forum, I edited that out as well. So please, English only in all sections of the forum except in the language dialect section

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#3 Martin D

Martin D
  • Members
  • 80 posts
  • em

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

PLDT really sucks. I can't stand their service.

#4 mercyly

mercyly
  • Banned
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

PLDT really sucks. I can't stand their service.

Indeed! It's not just us who are sick with their crappy service. Here is also another one I got from social media...

ooskj.jpg

Edited by mercyly, 17 July 2014 - 10:56 AM.

#5 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,674 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:58 AM

I am confused...i have an acquintance who is satisfied for the PLDT internet service. She said it works fine for her internet cafe. The Globe which many say gives a good service is really very slow. Then what is the best internet company service????

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#6 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

PLDT is hit and miss from what people I know tell me. One friend I have who lives up in Santa Rosa Laguna says his PLDT works fine but most others I know elsewhere have complained about it and even more so since the international cables have gotten damaged.

I have also heard people complain about cable fast access by Sky Cable. I also know of a number of people who complain about Globe. I personally do not think it is the provider, I feel it is the old and often shoddy infrastructure within the Philippines that also cannot handle the growth, so lags way behind, which means when a lot of people are online at the same time, it slows way down. 

So to try to answer your question about which provider, I feel possibly none. I remember when Smart came out with the Smart bro thumb drive, I bought one and used it while traveling around the Philippines and it worked great that year, so lots of people bought it only for its service to then slow down to a crawl and then Smart came out with a new one etc etc etc. Recently I bought a Smart LTE device since our condo is close to IT Park in Cebu City and that worked great but I suspect as more people use it, then it too may slow down and then maybe Smart will come out with another new one to sell and that also should work for a while and then slow down once under heavy usage unless the companies figure in growth before building a system. 

It is more fun in the Philippines, so IMHO unless companies start to actually care about providing good service for the long run, then IMO the internet in the Philippines may never work like it does in a first world country.

Edited by Mr. Lee, 18 July 2014 - 11:52 AM.

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#7 mercyly

mercyly
  • Banned
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:25 AM

Well, i say real disappointed PLDT subscribers say it all.

Here's another one, which I think from Cebu maybe?

Anyone confirm where's Consolacion located?

Edited by Mr. Lee, 01 August 2014 - 11:04 AM.
remove image, English only this section

#8 Roxas Ron

Roxas Ron
  • Moderators
  • 2,115 posts
  • te
  • Local Office:Atlanta

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:21 AM

I certainly cannot defend PLDT as my service has been horrible for the last quarter of a year. 

My problem has been that only 33 % of website request get through. The other 67% of the time i get "website not available"

With this in mind I have made repeated calls to 172 broadband support to be told my signal is "timing out". Technicians would be dispatched only to tell me the lines are ok.

I have long suspected that the problem in not local but with the PLDT servers. 

One day not long ago I came across and article about DNS and proxy servers. I was a great web site and convinced me that the problems may be with the DNS that PLDT was automatically assigning me.

I therefore reassigned my computer to override PLDT's DNS in my router and entered 2 DNS the website recommeded. 

WOW!!!!! no more problem. 100% website connection. 

I can not imagine the nubmer of complaints PLDT gets for this and it is a simple fix....now.

Hope this helps some.

Ron 

#9 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:58 AM

Ron you might want to tell them and if you can, could you post the article so it can help others.

#10 Roxas Ron

Roxas Ron
  • Moderators
  • 2,115 posts
  • te
  • Local Office:Atlanta

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:25 AM

Ron you might want to tell them and if you can, could you post the article so it can help others.

https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users