Photo

Affidavit for Report of Birth

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Smitty91

Smitty91
  • 1,127 posts
  • Location:Home is where the heart is and my heart is with my wife.
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • ca
  • Local Office:Denver

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

As part of the Report of Birth of a Child Abroad requirements, as indicated on this page, specifically #8 states:

Notarized affidavit explaining the reasons for delayed registration, if Report of Birth is filed more than a year after the child is born

Personally I don't know why they need this, but our daughter is almost 2 years old now.

My question is this... does anyone have a "template" for such a affidavit that we can use? I can find the formats online, but I just wasn't sure on the wording.

I mean, stating that we didn't know it had to be done within a year is acceptable? That's the truth for us.

Thanks in advance.
Love is a decision... an act of will. ~Fr John Corapi.
The Will of God will never take you to a place where the Grace of God does not protect you. ~unkown
Posted Image + Posted Image = Posted Image
Timelines
Facebook Page

#2 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,767 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

Since this is for a Philippines Consulate, some of the Consulates actually have such templates on their websites.

Otherwise, however, just a simple statement identifying yourself, the child, and that your reason for not reporting the birth was "negligence." Have the statement notarized.

--Ray B

As part of the Report of Birth of a Child Abroad requirements, as indicated on this page, specifically #8 states:

Personally I don't know why they need this, but our daughter is almost 2 years old now.

My question is this... does anyone have a "template" for such a affidavit that we can use? I can find the formats online, but I just wasn't sure on the wording.

I mean, stating that we didn't know it had to be done within a year is acceptable? That's the truth for us.

Thanks in advance.

#3 way-to-go

way-to-go
  • 1,217 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo
  • Local Office:Portland Office

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

Thanks in advance.

Yes, that statement will do. I had the same reason that we just didn't know it has to done within one year from birth. My sons were already 2 & 3 yrs old when we filed for the R o B.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users